Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Healthy Homemade Banana Ice Cream

Lets be real, who really enjoys healthy food that tastes healthy?? Don't shoot me just yet all you health nuts out there. I grew up in a household filled with LOTS of healthy foods because my Dad has been managing an organic Health Food Store for about as long as I've been alive (he knows everything) so I'm very familiar with tofurkey, spirulina, ginkgo biloba, fish oil pills, etc.... Moral of the story is I'm not opposed to healthy foods as long as they don't taste too healthy, so basically trick me & I'm fine with it :) I've been seeing banana ice cream recipes for a while & have taste tested plenty of different variations & I'm here today to tell you about my favorite!
For an individual portion of ice cream you will need:
1 Frozen Banana
Scoop of Peanut Butter
A Splash of Milk/Almond Milk
Toppings :)  I used a plop of Nutella & Diced Almonds

Peel a banana & put it in the freezer in a plastic night the night before. Put the frozen bananas in a food processor, pulse it until all the chunks are mashed up. If it's too dense & not mixing well add the splash of milk. Once it becomes smooth add the scoop of peanut butter & blend to perfection. Quickly scoop it all out into a bowl & load it up with your favorite "healthy" toppings .. don't judge me 1 plop of nutella is better than eating a huge bowl of regular ice cream! I was pleasantly suprised how similar the texture is to regular ice cream, just make sure to eat it quickly. What's your favorite healthy sweet treat??

3 comments:

  1. I will be making this, this weekend. For sure. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try banana ice cream. Adding Nutella is a great idea! Definitely going to try it now!

    Jamie
    Forever81

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely post + pictures! Great blog you have here. I'm your newest follower :) Would you mind checking out our blog & following back via GFC and Bloglovin'? Looking forward to your next post! xx

    sixthtractate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3