Friday, February 1, 2013

MK Booties Look 1: "Lumber Jack Chic"

It's FRIIIIIIIIDAY!!! This is the first of 3 posts where I style THIS pair of Booties for 3 different occasions : a concert, brunch, & date night all while sticking with the same basics (trusty coat, black leggings, & a grey tee). I'm really excited to share these posts with you because they really opened my eyes to how many more options I already have in my closet that I haven't even tried. I wore this outfit out last Saturday night to watch my friend's band PLOY preform at DC 9, if the name sounds familiar that's because I interviewed them here.  More details & stories about the outfit below the pictures :)
Button Up-THRIFTED, Necklace-CHARMING CHARLIES,
Tee-M&O, Leggings-THE LOFT, Coat & Purse-F21, Booties-MICHAEL KORS

The whole idea behind this 3 way style concept all stemmed from the fact that I had no idea what to wear with these shoes. I know it sounds stupid to buy shoes without any idea of what to wear with them, but they were so pretty, good quality, & most importantly on SALE! While flipping through my closet I came across this poor neglected flannel that I'd NEVER WORN .. I know I know, the worst part is that I've had it for over a year. I figured that it had to work with my new booties since it resembled something Paul Bunyan might have worn & my booties look similar to a chic work boot .. thus this outfit was born :) Of course I had to add a bit of spunk to the look since I was going to a concert & not a forest, so I added my spiky necklace to the mix. I also had a lot of fun experimenting with my makeup that night & tried a dramatic smokey eye using  the left side of this Victoria Secret palette. Up next for tomorrow is how I styled the booties for Sunday brunch with the girls. Wishing you ladies a lovely weekend filled with lots of time for relaxing & refueling <3

1 comment:

  1. I think both looks are soooo cute!! The fannel shirt looks amazing on you, the color just works for you!!

    Editor & Chic
    @Stylekitty on IG

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3