Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Thunder Burger at Georgetown

Last night after catching an early screening of "Playing for Keeps" courtesy of Gofobo, Trisha and I decided that we were in definite need of refueling. It was a Monday night so a lot of the restaurants in the area had closed early. Just as we started to lose all hope we saw the light, or the Thunder Burger sign .. either way we were excited. 

This was the second time that I'd eaten there (first time was at FNO Georgetown) and the inside was just as I had remembered, adorable! On Yelp one reviewer described the interior as "Ed Hardy" I don't exactly know what that means, to me I get more of a funky Alice in Wonderland down the rabbit hole vibe. 

photo via
Having worked in the restaurant industry for years service is V-E-R-Y important to me! With that being said our server was an absolute sweetheart who was so patient with us, especially since we spent about ten minutes catching up with each other before ordering. Trisha and I decided to split the "Buffalo Stomp" burger (Bison Burger, Wrapped In Bacon, Topped With Gorgonzola Blue Cheese, Grilled Onions, Tomato & Remoulade) with fries. The burger was cooked to a perfect medium & the toppings all paired perfectly with each other. My only complaint is that I didn't really see the bacon that was wrapped around the burger, but considering the amount of bacon I'm used to consuming it might have been hidden in there. 
Overall it was an enjoyable meal with great service, I will definitely be back to grab another burger again soon .. and maybe some brunch too :)

1 comment:

  1. So you may or may not know I'm in India.. the land of the sacred cow... which means, in simple Engrish, NO BEEF FOR JEANINE!

    I keep telling Ouja that as soon as I get back to the US, the first thing I'm gonna holla at is an ANGUS BEEF BURGER DELUXE!

    and then I stumble upon this post..and am not collecting the gobs of saliva that just spilled out onto my screen.

    stop it with all this food madness. Jeanine already missed out on thanksgiving turkey goodness and just can't take it anymore. curry's no longer holding up!

    which means, when i come visit md/dc area at the end of this month, you + i = date PRONTO, and i'm treating us to burgers. or sushi. or burgers.

    make sure you bring your eatin' bib!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...