Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Mozzarella Stuffed Meatballs

Tonight I didn't care what was for dinner as long as it was warm & filling. I've never made meatballs before & decided to try them out since I had leftover ground beef in the fridge. I didn't have any eggs so I googled for an eggless meatball recipe & decided on this one. I didn't follow it exactly, but stuck to it pretty close & added a little bonus! Yup you guessed it, I found a way to add more cheese by way of stuffing the meatballs with Mozzarella :) Since I wanted a quick meal I decided to cook the meatballs stove top which ended up taking a bit longer than I planned on .. boooo! In order to cook the meatballs in a frying pan you have to rotate each meatball on each of it's sides so it can cook evenly. 
Yummy, the final product!! David & I both scarfed down our bowls of spaghetti & meatballs without talking, so I'm pretty sure that means the food wasn't too bad ;) I also wanted to share with you my favorite go to spaghetti sauce Barilla "Tomato & Basil", it has a nice fresh flavor without being too overpowering (It's also approved by my Italian Mother in Law). Now I'm sitting here contently stuffed on the couch writing this post .. the perfect way to spend the rest of the evening :) 

2 comments:

  1. Definitely gonna try this recipe. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yummy!!! WE would have so much fun cooking together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3