Happy Tasty Tuesday everyone!! Today's recipe isn't very extravagant or fancy, but it's the perfect solution for a Sunday night dinner at home. As I'm sure you've guessed from the picture below I made Tuna Noodle Casserole & it was definitely a hit :) I decided to try and make it from scratch since I already had all the ingredients & I figured it would taste better anyways using fresh ingredients. Unlike the picture below I did NOT use the peas per my Husband's request (he doesn't like vegetables mixed in, he'd rather have them on the side). I used this recipe as the basic guideline for the dish, but made a couple small little variations.
1) Chop up all the mushrooms, 1 celery stalk, 1/2 an onion, & 2 gloves of garlic.
2) Start boiling water for the pasta (I used the entire bag of noodles).
Yes I Play with my food .. still
3) Saute celery, garlic, & onion for about 5 minutes then add in the mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
4) Boil your noodles in salted water for approximately 8 minutes.
5) Preheat-oven to 375
7) Butter baking dish & combine cooked veggies, pasta, & 2 cans of tuna in it.
8) Thoroughly mix in the white sauce, then top with shredded cheese & Italian style bread crumbs
This recipe might not be the prettiest, but it's a great go-to recipe for those times when you just need a fool proof dinner. My husband who said he wasn't "that hungry" went back for seconds, so I'd say we have another winner :) Make sure to check back tomorrow for my newest D.I.Y. Tutorial & Video <3
PS: I know that last week I said that this week's post was going to be about "oink", but unfortunately that dish didn't come out quite as planned to say the least sooo ... you got Tuna Noodle Casserole.