Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Comfort Food

Happy Tasty Tuesday everyone!! Today's recipe isn't very extravagant or fancy, but it's the perfect solution for a Sunday night dinner at home. As I'm sure you've guessed from the picture below I made Tuna Noodle Casserole & it was definitely a hit :) I decided to try and make it from scratch since I already had all the ingredients & I figured it would taste better anyways using fresh ingredients. Unlike the picture below I did NOT use the peas per my Husband's request (he doesn't like vegetables mixed in, he'd rather have them on the side). I used this recipe as the basic guideline for the dish, but made a couple small little variations. 
1) Chop up all the mushrooms, 1 celery stalk, 1/2 an onion, & 2 gloves of garlic.
2) Start boiling water for the pasta (I used the entire bag of noodles).
Yes I Play with my food .. still 
3) Saute celery, garlic, & onion for about 5 minutes then add in the mushrooms for another 5 minutes.
4) Boil your noodles in salted water for approximately 8 minutes.
5) Preheat-oven to 375
6) I followed the recipe's instructions for the sauce
7) Butter baking dish & combine cooked veggies, pasta, & 2 cans of tuna in it.
8) Thoroughly mix in the white sauce, then top with shredded cheese & Italian style bread crumbs
9) Pop in the oven for around 25 minutes, or until the cheese has melted on the top.
10) Take it out of the oven & eat all the crunchy cheesy noodles off the top :)
11) Taaa-Daaa the final product in all it's caloric greatness!

This recipe might not be the prettiest, but it's a great go-to recipe for those times when you just need a fool proof dinner. My husband who said he wasn't "that hungry" went back for seconds, so I'd say we have another winner :) Make sure to check back tomorrow for my newest D.I.Y. Tutorial & Video <3

PS: I know that last week I said that this week's post was going to be about "oink", but unfortunately that dish didn't come out quite as planned to say the least sooo ... you got Tuna Noodle Casserole.

1 comment:

  1. of course this would get my mouth watering!!! looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3