Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Bacon from the AM to the PM

Over this past weekend a lot of BACON was consumed :) My husband & I both love bacon so I decided to stock up on some since I figured we'd be stuck at home thanks to Sandy. Of course I love bacon for breakfast as much as the next person, but I love finding ways to combine it in other dishes (which usually isn't too hard lol). While I was at the store getting the bacon I was excited to come across Peppridge Farm's seasonal bread "Pumpkin Spice" which ended up being deeeelicious especially when slathered with cream cheese :)
 Bacon, a Fried Egg, & Pumpkin Spice Toast
While trying to use up left over veggies in the fridge tonight I ended up coming up with a new favorite pasta! It was so simple, colorful, & flavorful which was more than I was expecting to end up with :) You can pretty much use any vegetables (peas, mushrooms, corn) you have lying around for this dish. I never use exact calculations when cooking, but below is a general idea of what steps I took to make the pasta.

1 Yellow Squash
1/2 Orange Bell Pepper
1/4 Small Red Onion

I sauteed the vegetables with a little salt & pepper in a bit of olive oil for several minutes until they started to soften.
Meanwhile I boiled some fettuccine in salted water.
Right before you empty the water from the noodles pour a little of the "noodle water" into the pan with the vegetables.
On low heat add a couple generous splashes of cream or half & half to the pan along with several cubes of mozzarella cheese.
Combine the cooked pasta to the pan and mix all the ingredients together & stir for several minutes on low heat until the sauce starts to blend.
I also had some avocado in my fridge so I sliced it up & through it on top for some added creaminess :)

Ohh yeah and the most important part was that I chopped up some cooked BACON and added that to the mix. I only had 2 pieces of cooked bacon left for this recipe, but in the future I will definitely make sure that I have more bacon on hand for it!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds so yummy, definitely going to have to try this, and can't forget the bacon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both these meals look and sound delicious! Who doesn't love some bacon?! YUM!
    And pumpkin spice toast?! I had no idea that such a spread was available! haha...

    xo,
    nancy

    http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope the storm wasnt too bad on you guys!!! that pasta looks absolutely delisssssh... my eating habits took a severe beating after this storrrm hah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how sometimes the simplest meals are also the best... Hope you guys are all fine, post Sandy.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3