Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Pizzeria

It's a well known fact that I LOVE PIZZA, & I could probably eat it every day!! Instead of eating out, ordering pizzas, & buying frozen pizzas I decided that it was finally time that I try making pizza from "scratch". Ok, it's not exactly from scratch because it was a frozen pizza dough, but  I did roll the dough out by myself :) You gotta start with baby steps, but one day I will make my own dough (but that day wasn't today). I decided to make a simple margarita pizza with fresh basil, mozzarella, & tomatoes!
I bought the basil yesterday at Safeway for $3!! I can't even tell you how excited I am to have fresh basil on hand :) That's the same price as one of the little basil packs that goes bad in a week, so I highly suggest you get one. I was going to use the goat cheese (as pictured) but ended up leaving it out since David isn't a fan, but next time I make this pizza I'm definitely going to try it.
I used Landolfi's frozen pizza dough & let me tell you it was pretty good for a frozen pizza dough.
The dough all defrosted & ready to be rolled out for a tasty pizza!
I drizzled olive oil & then topped it with tomato slices, mozzarella, & the fresh basil!! 
After taking it out of the oven I sprinkled salt, pepper, & garlic powder on top. To add some tartness to it I added several generous splashes of balsamic vinegar & of course I had to add more fresh basil :)
The final product all sliced up & ready to be in my belly! 

In the future when I use this dough I'm going to pair it with a heavier sauce instead of just the olive oil. For a quick week night dinner I will definitely keep this recipe in mind :) I could also see this dough sliced up in little squares with fun toppings as the perfect appetizer.  Have any of you ever made homemade pizza dough, or do you have a favorite store bought one?! If you have I need to know your secret & your recipe :) 

PS: I wanted to share with all of you where I will be this Saturday, at the Dew Drop Swap!! It's going to be a fun filled afternoon where you can get rid of clothes you don't wear & swap them out for fun new pieces. To find out more about the swap click here, hope to see you there <3

4 comments:

  1. This looks sooo good! Your food photos always look so yummy. I think we have the same pizza pan haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where was my invite to have pizza? Lol Look yummy. I'm pinning this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me & goat cheese.... we have a thing going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks sooo good, I'm pinning it too! All your recipes always look so good, can you come cook for me? haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3