Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Easy Shrimp & Grits

I've had this pin on my "healthy food" board on my pinterest account for far too long (several months)!!  Although it's a really simple & quick recipe I was somehow overwhelmed by it until last week when I concurred it :) OMG so I know I say this about almost every meal but I could seriously eat this for dinner every day!! It's seriously so delicious & it has all the elements creamy, crunchy, & so flavorful.
I used 1/2 a red pepper, 1/2 green pepper, 1/2 an onion, & a generous handful of mushrooms
Before you season the shrimp & grits you need to have all the seasoning goodies ready
I seasoned the raw shrimp with Cajun Seasoning & Lawry's Seasoning Salt
I used a stove top grill to cook the shrimp, but you can also saute the shrimp in a frying pan with olive oil. I cooked them on medium/high heat for about 3 minutes on each side until they turn opaque. 
While the shrimp are cooking you can start to saute the vegetables in another pan thus getting all the "hard stuff" out of the way. 
YES!! I used instant grits, but I don't care because they were freakin scrumptious! Pop one packet in a bowl with 1/2 cup of milk & put it in the microwave for 1 minute & 15 seconds. Once it's done mix in Garlic Powder, Cayenne Pepper, & Worcestershire Sauce to taste or you can follow the measurement here from the original recipe. 
Of course what could make this delicious dish better?!? CHEEEESE <3
I added the cheese to the grits right away so that the grits would get all gooey & cheesy!
Finally, top the grits with the veggies & the shrimp :) 
Not much more I can say about this dish except that YOU NEED TO MAKE IT!! I've already made it twice since the first time I tried it last week :) Are there any dishes that you've been wanting to try & make but are too nervous? If you have a dish that you want me to try & make leave me a comment & I'll try to whip it up for a future Tasty Tuesdays post.

5 comments:

  1. HE-LLLOO, Ms. Louisiana! What are we, Bobby Flay ova here? I think I need to swing by that way and git some of dat good homecooking, ya feel me? you got some skillz, gf!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo la la. I must say I am not a big grits fan but that just looks delish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I would NOM the crap out of this meal. Looks amazing.

    xx,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I was just thinking about making shrimp & grits the other day for dinner! No joke!! Yours look sooo good!! Mmmmmm.... I'll have to give your recipe a try soon! :)

    xo - Sheila

    If you have time, please come by and check out my blog! And maybe follow?
    Last Day for My Giveaway!
    http://sheislovely1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hatttte grits but this looks delisssh!!!! I love your food post man :) :)

    -m

    Dayofmajor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3