Thursday, September 27, 2012

MIGUEL Live @ Howard Theatre

Ok, when I tell you that I have been in love with Miguel's music from the FIRST time I heard "All I Want Is You" on the radio it is true!!! I listened to that song on repeat for days on end until I drove David crazy :) I can't believe that last night I had the pleasure of seeing him live in concert <3 I've been to other concerts in the past, but never to one that I knew all the words to every song. I attended the concert with Keri of Diva State of Mind (click here to see her recap) & I couldn't have picked a better concert buddy! It was a full venue & I was so beyond EXCITED when Miguel came back for an encore singing "Vixen" because I scooted my way up to the front :) I didn't quite make it to grab his hand but I'm pretty sure we locked eyes! I definitely suggest anyone who even slightly likes his music to make sure to see him live if you have the chance. Also, be sure to check out his new album Kaleidoscope Dream coming out this Tuesday October 2nd!
Top-H&M, Vest-LEVIS(DIY Thrifted), Necklace-CHARMING CHARLIES, Leggings-THE LOFT, Purse-THRIFTED, Boots-NECESSARY CLOTHING

Naturally Keri & I ended up matching in our boots, leggings, & cross-body bags (on accident). I'm so glad I wore flats since we were standing the entire time. Ahh such a fun night that I have already re-played in my head a billion times today at work, next up I need to find another concert to go to! 
I'm sure most of you have been to concerts before, do you have any recommendations or favorite shows? Also, I'd love to hear what you wear to them since I had a bit of a tough time picking an outfit & ended up with this basic one. I Can't believe it's gonna be Friday in a couple of short hours!! This weekend we're celebrating my little brother's 21st out in D.C. & I'm even moooore boosted because my sister & brother are coming down from NY to celebrate <3

6 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm not a fan of Miguel *ducks from incoming tomatoes* BUT I do like his new song, "Adorn". It has an old school feeling that appeals to me. Besides alladat, I've heard great things about his album and live shows. Glad you two had a great time! And it's funny that you and Keri had similar looks.

    I recently went to a standing room only concert (Frank Ocean) and I wore a slight wedge. It was all good until like the last hour. Next time, it'll be flats or flat boots. And then I'll work my outfit around that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG I would love to see Frank Ocean live!!

      Delete
  2. You both look amazing as always. I always miss concerts uuuuuuugh, I've been in love with him for years from sure thing back when he was on you tube. Super wack I missed this. Looks like you had a great time though and your pics are great :)

    -m

    Dayofmajor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with your outfit! & I would loooove to see Frank Ocean too, we should totally go some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But if we're talking about Frank Ocean, i'm in there! love that man, i play his songs almost everyday!

      Delete
  4. OMG How did I miss this post!? I had a great time at the concert with you as well. We definitely need to go to another concert soon!

    Unfortunately I won't be able to attend For Sisters Only (Miguel is scheduled to be there). If you go, please do a recap!!
    ~A Diva State of Mind

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3