Thursday, September 13, 2012

HH with the Cupcake Critic

Tonight I had the pleasure of attending the The Cupcake Critic's celebratory happy hour at Blue Banana Sports Bar! This was the first time that I had ever met Stephanie (Cupcake Critic) in person, & let me tell you she really is the SWEETEST <3 We all gathered together tonight to celebrate her placement as a finalist for the 'Best Blog' and 'Best Website' award for the Black Street Awards & to thank everyone who has helped along the way. There were so many different types of cupcakes from Sweet Themez Bakery & of course I took it upon myself to do my own "critiquing" by trying one of each :) My favorite was the Carmel Coconut Delight which consisted of moist vanilla cake with caramel cream cheese icing, toasted coconut, and chocolate syrup aka AMAAAZING!! They also had door prizes & guess who walked away with a gift-card to Haven Pizzeria Napoletana courtesy of Washington Eats ?!?! Yup, this girl did & I'm already planning a pizza pie date with the husband.
Myself with the Cupcake Critic herself, Stephanie! 
Finally reunited with my twin Trisha of Fashion According to the Menu <3
Brea of What I Wore: Tip to Toe & Lauren of Haute off the Press glamming it up :)
Always a Fun time with these ladies!
The best support system ever .. Steph's Family! 
(Little Sis, Steph, & Momma) they're the Cutest <3
So glad that I finally got to debut this floral blazer I scored several weeks ago for only $3.
Love these wedges because they're so comfy & show off my pedicure :)
Blazer-THRIFTED, Shirt-TARGET, Skirt & Necklace-FOREVER 21, Wedges-MACYS

Such a fun night, but I'm pooped. I still have to pick out my 7 things to giveaway for Saturday's Dew Drop Swap, Ahhhhhh ( I hate getting rid of clothes) but I know that it's going to be ok because I get to pick 7 new pieces :) 
I also wanted to share with all of you about a fun challenge that Vogue & Vintage is putting on where you compete against other thrifters to see who can find the best pieces for $30. I'm so sad that I can't participate in this one because it's during the day when I'm at work, but if you're free in the day you should definitely check it out!!

5 comments:

  1. Waverly,
    Thank you so much for coming out tonight!! I'm glad that you had a ball!! I enjoyed every second of you (and all the fashionistas!) I can't wait for the next event; we have to plan a great blog brunch!

    Stephanie
    DCCupcakeCritic@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking good, Wave! Great blazer, cute necklace and fantastic wedges! I can't believe there was a time when I couldn't stand wedges. Eek! Now, I live in 'em.

    Nice recap, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Great recap! It was so great see you too twin! Definitely need to get together again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun to see you! Great recap and thanks for orchestrating our photo ops!

    xo
    @breaellis
    WHAT I WORE: tip to toe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Brea! And i looove that blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3