Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Pinterest Coconut Chicken Tenders

I decided to make coconut chicken tenders yesterday for 2 reasons, it looked easy & my husband LOOOOVES anything with coconut! I had all the ingredients on hand except for the coconut, but a quick run to the store fixed that. I found this recipe through pinterest (duhh), more specifically the recipe is from Can you stay for Dinner?. I liked that she has you fry the chicken briefly to get the crunchiness of the coconut, but has you bake it as well so you're not using as much oil. This recipe is so simple, & since I left out the bread crumbs the only carbs you're getting are from the coconut (which is a tiiiiny amount so let's not count it). I paired it with baked sweet potato fries & a simple little salad that David made (gotta give him credit) so it was a relatively light dinner. Also I highly suggest ploy mae sweet chilli sauce for dipping, it's sooo good when paired with the chicken, OMG like seriously a match made in heaven :)  
1) Scramble Eggs 
2) Salt & Pepper chicken tenders then soak in the egg 
3) Dredge the tenders in flour, then back in the egg, then lastly cover it with coconut 
4) Lightly saute the tenders in olive oil on medium high heat for 3 mins on each side (so that coconut starts to get crunchy)
5) Bake on a foil lined cookie sheet at 400 degrees for 10 minutes ( I cooked mine for around 12 mins)
**click here to see more pictures on the procedure of battering the chicken**
taaa-daaa can you smell that wonderful coconuty crunchiness ?!
Yumm, this recipe turned out very tasty & a nice change from plain grilled chicken tenders! I will definitely be making it again since this meal is "David approved". Next time I might just pair the coconut tenders with a big fresh salad filled with lots of tropical flare (yes, I just used flare .. sorry). Hope you're all having a nice Tuesday :) If you do make this recipe or any of the other previous recipes from Tasty Tuesdays I'd love to hear how they came out, or if you made any fun variations to them!

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good! I'm definitely going to try this recipe out!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3