Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Recap: Refinery 29 & GAP Modern/Vintage Mashup

Better late than never, here are a couple of pictures from last Thursday's Gap Modern/Vintage Mashup hosted by Holly Thomas the editor of Refinery 29! The event was held at their Georgetown location which ended up taking me an hour to get there (thanks traffic) & 30 minutes to park (thanks construction) .. enough bitching & moaning Waverly get to the point! I'm so bummed I didn't make it there earlier because they had so many perfect Fall staples such as boyfriend jeans, slouchy button-ups, & plenty of fun accessories. They had an awesome giveaway of several beautiful vintage handbags, as well as delicious finger food, & refreshing gin & tonics to sip on :)
Dress: VINTAGE, Necklace: CHARMING CHARLIES, Belt & Sandals: FOREVER 21

I am so happy I finally had a chance to take this dress out of the closet!! I bought this dress at the Thrift Store months ago for $3.99 :) It was originally a longer style dress, but of course 5 minutes before running out the door I decided to get scissor happy. 

After the meetup I ended up going to get a bite to eat with Jamie, Monica, & Tammy at The Third Edition. It was so fun to relax & catch up as well as stuff our faces with the most amaaaazing potato chip nachos I have ever had!! Can't believe it's already Wednesday today, hope you're all having a fantastic week <3 

5 comments:

  1. I had a blast with you . I thoroughly enjoyed the event, people and clothes. I indulged in those delsih irish nacho chips and our convos , it's a must re-do .

    Great recap lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You loooook amazing!!!

    -M

    Dayofmajor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg, i am so jealous! What a fun event. Why can't we have anything like that happening around my city? hmp. I love your dress and that necklace is so fun and edgy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful pics Wave!!! & its alllllways lovely to see you! :)

    ~jasmine
    www.webhautejas.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm jealous I missed it! You look great Waves!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3