Sunday, August 26, 2012

New York Fashion Week Hair Workshop

I can't say enough how glad I am that I started blogging! When I first started I had no idea that blogging would lead me to so many new things, people, & experiences. As much as people say blogging is a cut throat world (sometimes it is) I have been so lucky to be surrounded by so many kind wonderful people who I now call my friends :) I spent yesterday morning at the La Petite Marmoset showroom in Columbia Heights to attend a hair workshop lead by Nadine Matar of PR at Partners. When I tell you she knows E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G about hair I'm telling you she knows all the tricks & tips to get beautiful hair! I was lucky enough to be the hair model (I LOVE MY LIFE) for the afternoon & I walked away with the skills to do: 3 Types of buns, 2 Techniques to curl my hair, & 4 Different ways to style a fishtail braid, not to mention so many facts about hair that I didn't know! 
Started off the morning right with Mimosas hand crafted by Ashley of LPM
In case we didn't get a full serving of fruit through the mimosas we had plenty of other fresh fruit 
Our beautiful & talented instructors: Nadine & Cara
Excited that I finally learned how to do a fishtail braid
Nadine making the finishing touches on Daphne's bun
Learning the secrets behind the perfect beachy waves
Katherine's awesome ear/hair piece paired with a top knot bun
My ballerina bun, simple & chic :)
The ladies channeling their inner vintage vixens
Cara teaching us the CORRECT way to tease our hair to create awesome volume!
Great Company + Great Drinks = Great Day <3
The most generous & thoughtful goodie-bags filled with personalized hair products 
Sebastian- Hairspray, Wella- Shampoo, Conditioner, & Hydrating Treatment, 
Kerastase- Shampoo, Conditioner, & Lumiere Liquid, Bobby Pins & Elastics
I can't wait to try out all of these products!

Wow, now that you're overwhelmed by pictures & products I just wanted to give another huge thank you to Nadine for coming out to teach the class as well as PR at Partners for providing us with all the lovely products !! This was the first hair workshop that's been held at the PLM studio, but don't worry if you missed this one because there are going to be more in the future :)

Hope you all had fun weekends as well since tomorrow it's back to the work grind!

5 comments:

  1. Amazing post, Waverly! Loved having you as my model-couldn't have asked for a more beautiful head of hair to play with! Looking forward to seeing you soon! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome recap. Damn, your top knot was the best! I want mine to look like that! :)

    Had to much fun with you girl!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crazy amazing! I just recently learned how to do a fishtail braid too haha.

    -Jenn
    chīsana blogger

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, blogging is a lot of fun and you can make some great friends. Your event looked fun filled and all of your hair looks great! I am still trying to learn to do a fish tail. I can only corn roll and french braid!


    www.goodlooknout.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like so much funnn , and i love your braid :)

    shariece.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3