Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Homemade BBQ Pulled Chicken

When I think of summery foods BBQ definitely comes to mind, whether it be chicken, steak, or veggies it's all good! This was my first time making chicken in the crockpot & I have to say that I L-O-V-E it :) I've never had chicken before that literally falls apart with the slightest push of a fork, but this one seriously broke apart & shredded soooo easy. I also like that the recipe (listed HERE) included a recipe for a homemade bbq sauce which I really liked since sometimes store bought bbq sauces are a bit strong & overpowering. In the future I would make a little extra sauce to add at the end after shredding the chicken, other than that I'd say it was almost perfect :)
uhhh just looking at this is making my mouth water .. again haha.
I ended up eating this pulled chicken on a whole wheat bun with some slices of avocado, deeeelicious!!
I hope that this recipe makes it into your summer lineup of food :)

I went thrifting yesterday with Trisha of Fashion According to the Menu & I got 4 fun pieces for under $10.00 !! Stay tuned for a video recap tonight <3

9 comments:

  1. I love pulled chicken with homemade bbq sauce. I actually add a bit of fresh orange juice to brighten up the sauce.

    Krista @ Blonde Aesthetic
    www.blondeaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that sounds yummy, I'm going to have to try that :)

      Delete
  2. I make crock pot chicken a lot it's such an easy staple and I can throw it on pasta, in a wrap, or tacos or something. NOM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that looks really good ! & cant wait for your video : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the video, but the voice wasn't in sync with the video so I'm trying to fix it so it matches up. But I'll put it up when it's done :)

      Delete
  4. I am in the kitchen making this as I type! Gotta let you know how it turns out

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! You always have the best recipes!

    You also have to tell me where you go thrifting to find 4 things for less than $10! I NEED to do that :)

    XO, Alison
    www.ChainStrapPurse.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this sounds delicious. I gotta try it. Also, 4 things for under $10?! Where do you go thrifting? I need to find some good places!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum...now that I am eating chicken I am definitely saving this recipe idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3