Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Fiesta Lime Shrimp Tacos

Ok, I L-O-V-E TACOS Anything Mexican or wrapped in a tortilla :) Last week I reeeeally wanted tacos, but I didn't have any taco seasoning or sour cream .. but would I ever let that stop me ?! NO. I used frozen shrimp, but you can use any raw shrimp just make sure it's peeled & deveined. Then sprinkle the shrimp with the seasonings below. Make sure that the shrimp are all equally coated with the spices.
 The next ingredient (Sazon) is totally optional, but I like it because it gives the shrimp a festive color & helps to hold the seasoning to the shrimp.
 Don't worry if the shrimp turn a shade of neon orange because that's what's supposed to happen when you add the (Sazon) You can see that the shrimp aren't done cooking because they're still translucent. Heat up some oil to medium heat & cook them for about 3 minutes on each side. 
 Like I told you before, I didn't have sour cream so I made up a sauce which I affectionately coined "Crack Sauce". Take a big scoop of mayo & add a little splash of white vinegar (if you want a more tangy liquidy consistency add more vinegar). After that squirt a little Siracha (hot chili sauce) & some sweet chili sauce. I don't know the exact amounts, I just did it by taste :)
Here's the setup which included some shredded lettuce, cheddar cheese, sauteed pepper & onions
Look at this magical rainbow of a shrimp taco!! The lime wedge is crucial & adds a nice bite :)
 Yes, it required 2 pictures
 YUMMMM, wish I was eating it right now 
Whew, that was a long post! Hope you all enjoyed it, & if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

In other news I'm so excited for the Cap FABB event at the American Ice Co. tomorrow. I've already got my outfit picked out, & it involves ombre shorts & leopard!

7 comments:

  1. Mmmm crack sauce sounds like my cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty devastated that I'm reading this at 9am...with no taco availability :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha ohh no :( you've always got tonight!!

      Delete
  3. Yuummmmm, I love tacos and pretty much anything wrapped in a tortilla too. So good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I have to try this simply because of the crack sauce!

    ~Sherine
    Stop by and say HI!
    Confessions Of A City Girl

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks AMAZING - the shrimp looks perfect!
    xx theflossylife

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3