Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Easy 15 Minute Pasta Dinner

Last night I didn't really feel like cooking, but I was STARVING hence the need for a very quick dinner. I had some frozen spinach in the freezer, smoked sausage in the fridge, & of course pasta & onions in the pantry. This meal was ready in 15 minutes & finished in about 2 seconds! There's a secret ingredient that made this pasta simpler than ever ... the sauce. It was my first time using Philadelphia Cooking Creme in "Creamy Pesto". It was nothing compared to fresh homemade pesto made by my Momma-in-law, but for a quick week night bite it was perfect!
 While the pasta is boiling chop up half an onion & smoked sausage
 Sauté the spinach, onion, & sausage with a little bit of olive oil 
 Throw this whole container of creme into the sauté pan & stir in pasta
Here it is folks the piece of resistance! Yup, you're lucky I even got a picture of the final product since it was devoured in about 2 seconds :) In the future I would probably sub out the smoked sausage for chicken, because the two flavors (pesto sauce & sausage) were so distinct I think a more mild protein would pair better. Either way for a quick thrown together recipe this one worked for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Um...this looks delicious. I'm with Kate, when can I (*ahem* My bad, I meant 'we'...but really, I mean 'I')come over to eat this delicious meal?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3