Friday, June 1, 2012

Splash into Summer Shopping Event

Last night I had the pleasure to attend the Splash into Summer Shopping Event at Lou Lou in Old town Alexandria! The store has so many beautiful & unique pieces, but the best part of the evening was the gracious host Kate Julian from "Then, Life Gave Me Lemons". She's seriously one of the funniest people I know & when I need  some serious distracting her blog is my go-to. Ok, enough about my love of Kate (awkward) lets get to the pictures!! 
Yayy for fun neon window displays :)
Sipped on Honest Tea
Snacked on the Cash Money Roll (Crab+Jalapenos=Amaaaaazing)  from Flying Fish
more delicious sushi .. I seriously ate like 40 pieces 
I loooooved these recycled clutches, my favorite was the one that looks like a letter
Natalie's Sam Edelman leopard heels (My favorite shoes of the night!!)
Meaghan won for best hair last night with her effortlessly chic do :)
I honestly chased these girls down before they left the store just to grab a picture of them lol
I loved the <3 tights with the pop of red from the purse & the denim vest + summery dress combo, their unique styles complimented each other perfectly.
Yes, I finally wore the floral shorts that I wouldn't shut up about :) These are the shorts that I scored at the thrift store last Friday. Click here to see what else I got thrifting!
Heels-NINE WEST, Shorts-THRIFTED, Tank-F21, Bandeau-VS, Necklace-CHARMING CHARLIES

I really enjoyed my outfit it was really comfortable & cool enough for the high temperatures. I'm still debating on whether or not I should permanently cuff these shorts or leave them as they are, any opinions?!
To see more photos from last night check Kate's blog out here.

3 comments:

  1. Love this and you!!!
    The girls that you chased down are Amie and Annie. Annie use to own Annie Creamcheese but now she owns Pretty People Vintage!
    Thanks for coming doll face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks for including me!! :) Great recap, you take awesome pics!! And, leave the shorts so you have the option... just saying ;)) Always nice seeing you! xx ~N

    ReplyDelete
  3. note sure if ive commented before, but im another DC-based blogger (though my blog is woe-fully neglected these days -- gotta get that ball rolling again!)
    love the shorts you thrifted -- my vote is to cut 'em shorter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3