Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tasty Tuesday: No Words Just Cheese Burgers

Don't ask me where this title came from because I have no idea, it just popped into my head. Sunday night I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to make, I just knew that I didn't want to clean a million pots & pans. As much as I LOVE food, I haven't been a "cookin' machine" for that long. This was my first attempt at a burger & it was so damn easy to make & even easier to customize :) I didn't even bother with a bunch of pictures this time because this ONE captures everything yummy about this burger!
The recipe that I based it off of is THIS one, but you know that I had to add a billion toppings to make up for the fact that we didn't have any buns, & lets face it burgers on sandwich bread .. kinda depressing. I served it with some bake-able Alexia waffle fries we had in the freezer.

The changes that I made to the burgers were: 
No saltines, I used panko bread crumbs
No onions IN the burger, since I was already planning on sauteeing onions I figured it'd be an overkill to add them IN the burger too.
I also added red pepper flakes & garlic salt to add more flavor to the burgers :)

Toppings from the bottom up:
Monterey Jack Cheese
Sauteed Onion & Bell Peppers
Lettuce
Turkey Bacon
Slice of Tomato
& Mushrooms (Love em')

Do you have any favorite burger recipes?! I need them if you do :) Also, here's a little sneak peek at what I was doing Sunday <3


9 comments:

  1. Here's a link to one of my favorite burger recipes- a cuban sandwich + burger. It's different, but I think it's delicious!

    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/miami-burger-recipe/index.html

    xo- Krista
    www.blondeaesthetic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love Cuban Sandwiches, I'm def going to have to give this one a try :)

      Delete
  2. That burger looks yummy but not as good as the lookbook video teaser. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to request that you and i cook/eat together ASAP. My fave burger has to be the meat on a pretzle bun, avacado, bacon, chipolte mayo, shredded lettuce, balsamic glazed tomatoes & onions. I just made that up. And it sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm ... burgers. Count me in!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! My mouth is literally watering right now....I don't remember the last time I had a good burger. That looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally mindblown! That picture says it all, yummy juicy and flavorful, great I've got some craving right now. Bookmarked it.
    diablo 3 accounts for sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww YAY!! When you make it you have to let me know how it turns out :)

      Delete
  7. Can I take 10 please? That looks delicious and so juicy.

    Oh by the way, thanks for the sweet comment. It's definitely an entire different lifestyle in the East coast vs. Midwest. One thing I told my parents is that I will NEVER lose my midwestern hospitality.

    xo,

    Luis

    www.ChicOverload.com (my blog!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3