Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Breakfast "Quickie"

I wish that I could say that I wake up every morning with enough time to make breakfast let alone eat breakfast .. but I can't (I wake up exactly 15 minutes before I have to be out the door). This yummy little fritata//crustless quiche is perfect for those weekday mornings when you just need to grab food & go! I got the idea from this Taste of Home recipe. I adapted it a bit by using lunch meat ham instead of cubed ham as well as spicing it up a bit with pepper jack cheese instead of cheddar. Also, since I had the time (I made it the night before) I preferred to cook it in the oven at 375 for 15-20 minutes (or until the center is solid) as opposed to microwaving it. Going in gooey ...
 ... coming out deeelishious! 
(I also added bread crumbs & parmesan cheese on top during the last 5 mins to give it a crispy layer) 
 Below is 1 of the [[3]] pieces that I ate ... yes it's that good :)
Hope you all enjoyed this recipe! I'm definitely going to try it again & possibly experiment with different combinations!

PS: BFF countdown .. less than 48 hours till Mika gets here :) I can't wait for this weekend so much fun stuff planned! Also, on Monday I went to Katherine's house with Michelle & we made the most adorable denim shorts which I'll be showing you a little later this week!

8 comments:

  1. Being on a low carb diet, i am totally stealing this! This looks delicious and I dont even like eggs! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks sooo good! I love quiche...definitely will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ummm.... Amazing.. I so going to try this... Great to have if you run out the door in the morning!

    -m

    Dayofmajor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...this reminds me of tortilla espanola...I am excited because I think I can actually make this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this looks delish!! Thanks for posting the recipe!

    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3