Monday, April 9, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: The B.F.F. edition

As some of you may have noticed I have fallen off the face of the blogger universe, but I promise it's been for a good reason. This past weekend my B.F.F. Mika was in town visiting from Ohio :) We've known each other since we were 5 & she was my maid of honor (to back up our friendship lol). I had so much fun this weekend & enjoyed every second especially all the laughs! We started the trip off right by catching up at Lauriol Plaza Thursday night (where I proceeded to spill 1/2 of the $30 pitcher of margarita on my iphone .. magically it is still alive)!! This picture below is pre-margarita-avalanche.

We spent Friday shopping at Tysons (my first time there & we spent 6 hrs shopping .. gotta get that cardio in). It's so funny going shopping with someone who knows "your style" better than you because then you have two sets of eyes to keep a look out, it's kind of really convenient.
bff style
Mika wore a bright blouse while I kept it simple with dark & neutral shades. After all the shopping we fueled up on some frozen yogurt which coincidently matched with each other's outfits. Mika got plain old green tea which went with my army button-up & I got original with tons of bright yummy fruits on it matching her top... yes I'm really that simple & those things make me happy :)
After getting home we realized how exhausted//hungry we still were so what did we do .. we pigged out on chinese food (Generals Tso Chicken, Sesame Chicken, Crab Rangoon, & Lo Mein yummy) & spent the rest of the night watching police shows & terrorizing David. 
Saturday night we went out .. and of course we matched, but w/e it was a blast!! We started out at Shadow Room but it was dead (bummer) so we ventured to Adams Morgan & bounced around to several different bars. Of course no night is complete in Adams Morgan without Jumbo Slice .. yupp it was an international weekend of food .. Mexican, Chinese, Italian, & we ate Indian on our way to the airport lol. 
On Mika's last day here we ventured out to Eastern Market (Yes, again!) where she purchased a ring & I bought some apartment decor :)

Although it was a short trip I'm so happy she came & that I got to stock back up on laughs. There is nothing in this world like a best friend & someone who just "gets you" I'm so grateful that I have one (I just wish she didn't live 7 hours away). I hope all of you are lucky enough to have one too!! Ok, this is getting a little sappy so I'll stop :) Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Looks like you gorgeous ladies had a lot of fun. This post has me missing my best friend and get together with my closest girlies. I've been wayyyy too busy with work that I have totally forgotten how to have fun. Oh and wow, you guys had a lot of yummy food. How can you guys manage to eat all that yumminess and still look so skinny?! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had fun :-)
    great outfits and yummy food <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend. You guys look a lot alike!
    I totally ditto what chinky girl mel said up there about being so skinny and eating deliciousness nom nom nom crab rangoons are my FAAVVE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like a GREAT weekend!! you 2 are too cute together :-)

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful work!
    Can we follow each other?:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like much funnn : ) , lots of food , great friends , what more can you ask for loll

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely post ! seems like you had a great time !

    Kisses
    Hannah

    Elegantesque Blog 

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genial blog.Me ha encantado tu originalidad , elegancia y creatividad.Te sigo.Te invito a seguir mi blog.Saludos po├ęticos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you guys are beautiful. just as i remembered. <3

    J9

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3