Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasty Tuesdays: Mambo Italiano

As much as I really have loved cooking these past couple of weeks, there really is nothing better than having a delicious meal prepared for you, & NOT having to clean up afterwards :) Last Sunday I was spoiled by my Mother in Law AGAIN, this time with fresh homemade pizza! This lady is a profectionist, & I've eatten many pizzas made by her before, but this one has the BEST crust thanks to Martha Stewart. I believe that THIS is the recipe she used, but I'm not 100% because the one she used she ripped out of a  magazine at the Dr's office lol, but I'll double check with her later :)
Actions Shot: Spreading the freshly risen dough on a wooden pizza board
**Make sure to put cornmeal under the dough so it will easily slide off the paddle
You can totally tell which 1/2 is David's because I DESPISE olives, you couldn't pay me to eat one!
YUM!! The final the masterpiece :)
The toppings we put on ours were: fresh buffalo mozzarella, fresh basil,
fresh tomatoes (they made the dough a little mushy, so in the future I wouldn't use tomatoes), grilled onions & fresh onions, & olives (yuck!)

I'm still a little nervous about making my own dough, so for now I'll stick to running over to Mamacita's house to pig out :) Hope everyone's having a good week so far!

5 comments:

  1. It looks so yummy! I feel like eating a pizza right now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh yuuuum... Lucky Chica

    -m
    Dayofmajor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so yummy
    I don't like olives as well;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! Now I want to have a pizza night!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3