Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Eastern Market & VA Thrifting

I can't believe this week is almost over already, not that I'm complaining :) This beeeeautiful Spring weather has literally been making me go crazy while sitting at my desk at work! Last Sunday I was able to enjoy the D.C. sunshine while browsing through the Eastern Market & later thrifting with some fellow bloggers. I met up with some good friends in the morning to visit E.M. I had the most delicious spinach empanada (thanks to Abby not being able to finish it) & a bite of the most melty, scrumptious, AMAZING churro! Ok enough about food, lets get to the purchases :) The first booth that we went into ended up being one of my favorite purchases of the day, the PERFECT black boots! It was also a wonderful surprise when I found out that the two ladies running the shop are the owners of It's Vintage Darling. They were both so sweet & they had such a wide selection of boots I was in heaven.
That afternoon I also purchased these 2 necklaces for a total of only $7
I absolutely love just walking around the Market, because it's so inspiring to see all the beautiful & creative pieces that people have made. I seriously wanted to run home & start d.i.y.ing!
I wanted those pink chairs soooo bad how cute are they & they were really comfy! So much fun vintage stuff to look at. After the Eastern Market Michelle picked me up & we were off to Virginia to meet up with Stephanie & Brenda. We went to the Unique Thrift Store which I LOOOOVE because they are usually HUGE & pretty well organized. I walked away with this floral dress <3
It doesn't look like much on the hanger, but I've got some ideas up my sleeves! I also scored these shorts for around $4, I think I'm going to shred them up & bleach them like the d.i.y. vest I've been working on for the past week (pictures & tutorial coming soon!)
I had so much fun spending time outside in the gorgeous weather & with wonderful friends, I can truly say it was a PERFECT Sunday! Check out Brenda & Stephanie's blogs for their recaps :)
Leggings:F21, Button-Up,Scarf,& Belt:THRIFTED, Boots-random shop in NY, 
Purse-random shop in the mall
Thanks so much again to Stephanie for arranging this trip & for taking my outfit photo!
PS: I got 1 more dress thrifting, but I'm wearing it tomorrow to the LPM party so it's a surprise :)

10 comments:

  1. those denim shorts are darling my dear.
    i love these photos.

    xo kaitlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeeeat finds :)

    -m
    Dayofmajor.blogspot.comh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pink chairs are amazing! I gotta go to this Eastern Market!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am seriously obsessed with your necklace purchases. I clearly need to go to the EM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this post makes me excited for warmer weather flea markets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay!! I had so much fun hanging out!! Can't wait to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! & you're always welcome for dinner :)

      Delete
  7. Love this post! you really scored some great things on sunday :) looking forward to the next thrifting date!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your scarf, let me know when you're ready to pass it to me : )))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny, I've lived in DC for years and haven't been to Eastern Market once. I really should.
    Love,
    S
    Mademoiselle Sonushka

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3