Sunday, February 5, 2012

COLD NIGHTS & WARM BODIES

Several weeks ago I was contacted by the Washingtonian to put together an outfit on how to stay warm on a Saturday night on the town. I was seriously SOO excited to put together an outfit, since this is the 2nd time I've even been featured in a major online publication :) The link to the article is here, where you can check out the other bloggers who put together outfits! We also got to share a tip on staying warm & winter wardrobe choices but, you know I talk A L O T so I gave 2. Here's the little blurb that I submitted :) One major thing that I don't think any girl should ever give up (especially in cold months) is her shape! In these chilly months all I want to do is bundle up, and I want you to know that you CAN dress warm without looking like this. The key is finding a coat that fits YOU, one of my favorite coats that I own is this navy blue coat from Forever 21. I love that it is long enough to shield most of my body from frigid winds, but that it also has a belt which cinches at the waist thus showing your feminine curves!
 In the winter it's easy to get into the habit of wearing dark and neutral colors, don't get me wrong I'm all for that but I'm a firm believer that a little color goes a long way. If you're nervous about wearing colors you can always ease your way in by including bright accessories and makeup. My favorite choice for adding color to my typical makeup routine is a bright bold lip in either fuchsia or a bubble gum pink. I also like to paint my nails funky neon colors to try and trick myself into feeling like I'm on a beach in Miami! If you like your makeup but still want to amp up your winter look thrown on some bright colorful bangles and a fun chunky cocktail ring.  
boots-MADDEN GIRL, socks-IDK, tights-NY&CO, skirt&coat-F21, scarf/purse/belt-THRIFTED, tee-H&M, bangles-ALL OVER THE PLACE, rock candy ring-JAMIE

PS: PREPARE YOURSELF FOR SOME VALENTINE'S DAY LOOKBOOK MAGIC!!
courtesy of La Petite Marmoset with yummy treats from Baked & Wired <3

7 comments:

  1. I've already said that but I really love your coat! You look so beautiful! :-)

    I wish I could but it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it aalllllll!
    esp that skirt and scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! congrats on your feature, girl! i love each piece and you look so pretty :) and awww youre wearing the ring i made you :) hope you and your boo are staying warm! its finally starting to feel like winter here (but only 2 days out of the week) wishing you a great week darling face! muah!

    love you, jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you put together- perfect look! you look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that look!! So well put together!! And I adore that nail color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that scarf and the color of your skirt! So well put together! And thanks so much for that sweet comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your blog, and this outfit! coffeeandreams.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3