Thursday, January 19, 2012

Brunch @ El Centro

So you know this isn't a personal style blog right?! Haha it started out as one, but it's pretty much turned into a food diary :) In the last post I showed you all the pretty outfits & the beautiful people who attended, but now I'm gonna show you the YUMMMY food that we feasted on!
Each guest of the event had a personalized sketch waiting for them to mark their seat at the table.
I am freaking in love with all of the drawings & on top of that I got to meet the artist in person! His name is Bidkart & his work is fantastic you can check it out here.

I was sipping on these scrumptious Pineapple Aqua Fresca Cocktails all afternoon & let me tell you they were FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC! Like really you need to try one :) 
for starters we had tortilla chips paired with: chunky guacamole, salsa, & shrimp ceviche. 
Starting @12:00 & working clockwise 
Enfrijoladas, Mexican French Toas, Sopes de Huevo y Salsa Verde, & Jaliscos Enchilada
MY FAVE DISH [hands down] the french toast [bottom right]

& one of the many plates of tacos we consumed!
It was a fantastic afternoon & I'm still in awe of all the amazing, talented, & creative forces I was surrounded by. You guys inspire me to really go for what I want no matter how far out of reach it seems. 
This awesome video is by Lacey & you should watch it because it will make you :)

7 comments:

  1. what a pretty color skirt. and these photos are great looks like so much fun!

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never go wrong with awesome pics of food : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the drawings. Someday, I would like for someone to draw a portrait of me. Knowing my luck, it would turn out more like a caricature, and I would have some giant head or something to symbolize my egotism.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd love to! Is it an event and which Madewell is it??? I tend to be so lost in these things :)
    Let me know if you want you can email me at lesliemquiros@gmail.com Would love to meet you all
    xo,
    LMQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I just bought a red skirt...and I loooove yours! Tacos are my favorite (I am 100% mexican)...hahah soo drooling over your food goodies....I loove huevos con chile verde tacos for breakfast...haha *drool*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shut up!! This post makes my mouth water!! EVERYTHING about this is cool :) I'm loving all your posts about food... lovely to look at!! Makes me want to have many a dinner party haha I saw your comment on Lucy and the Runaways - on the blogger interview I did, Thanks!
    Anyways - glad I stopped by your blog too :)

    ❤ from Australia, Morgan xx


    CLICK HERE to WIN on my blog: mojomade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. dude, I thought this event was at Napoleon! I had to work but my shop is literally 2 doors down from El Centro! Gah! If I woulda known I coulda come over on my lunch break. GAH! Exclamation points!!

    xoxox kat

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3