Don't worry I'm planning on wearing both shoes & a dress this NYE I promise there will be no nudity lol. I have a serious dilemma that I need your assistance with .. is it the SHOES that make the outfit or the DRESS that makes the outfit?! I have definitely been a slacker this year in terms of picking out the perfect sparkly NYE dress so I was thinking "can I rock a HOTT sexy shoe w/ a low key dress?" I need your help!! I'm leaving for N.Y.C. right after work tomorrow so I'm in a sort of panic mode. I'll probably just shove a bunch of different options in my bag & pray for something cute to jump out of it :) Anyways before Christmas I was trying to shop for others when I ran across these shoes at Charlotte Russe for $12.00 & YES you read that right!
I'm off to start some laundry & packing for N.Y. eeek I'm super excited in case you can't tell!!
Can't wait to see everyone's NYE posts
I'm wishing ALL of you a safe & happy end of 2011 <3
It's that time of year!! Uhh no NOT Christmas or New Years it's my
1 YEAR BLOGOVERSARY!!!!
I started this post last night at the airport but I was too exhausted to finish it until today. I can't believe it's already been a year [as of yesterday] that I've been blogging. I've met so many amazing people through blogging & have had the privilege attend some really fun events ! I love all of you so much & I seriously look forward to reading my comments like a 5 years old anxiously waiting to open presents :)
Anyways I just want to say a HUGE T H A N K Y O U for all your kind words & support!
Hello from Ohio! It's freeeezing here like seriously it's colder than D.C. :( It's been such a whirl wind these past couple of days! I didn't sleep Wednesday night because I still had laundry & packing to do, PLUS I'm crazy & scheduled us a flight at 6:30 A.M. which meant leaving the house pretty early. We barely caught our flight, making it to the plane with only 4 minutes to spare!
1) Beautiful Christmas tree at my friends house 2) Pretty holiday makeup purchases
3) My first Christmas present, thanks Gina!! 4) Suitcase shot
Of course instead of packing at 3 A.M. I decided to "beautify" myself aka putting on lipstick & painting my nails ... so that I could "pack correctly"
... and yes I did make David take a picture of me before we left for the airport, but it only took 2 seconds so I'm NOT the reason that we almost missed the plane .. well maybe :) & as you can see the lipstick didn't last for that long haha it didn't make it to the plane ride.
Happy Holidays to everyone & I hope you're all getting to spend them with the ones you love!
For those of you who don't know I've been pretty dead to the world for the past couple of days :( I have had the most annoying cold//sore throat everrr but it seems like it's passing so I'm excited! I can't believe David & I are off to O-H-I-O tomorrow @ 6 A M ... ahhhh too early
[what was I thinking scheduling it so damn early ?!]
The other day my wonderful friend Jeanine was in town & she is always FAB-U-LOUS to say the least so I decided to wear makeup for the first time in 5 days lol .This is my first time attempting a makeup tutorial so it's kinda rough but it was kinda fun at the same time.
1) Mix a tiny dab of foundation-esk tinited liquid makeup with a neutral unscented face lotion & blend it in ALL over your entire face. It's a light way to even out your skin & moisturize it. [I've had that Mark-Kay tube since high school which was 5 years ago!! this stuff lasts forever]
2) I just put bronzer EVERYWHERE!! I picked this one up at Nectar a couple of months ago & I love it!
3) I'm NOT a fan of this blush but I haven't found one that I like so I picked this one up just to hold me over.
I'm not one of those people who uses all the cool preparation makeup ... until last Christmas when my friend gifted me this "Shadow Insurance" from Too Faced.
It's seriously amazing & holds everything RIGHT where it's supposed to be :)
4) Spread a teeny tiny bit of the Shadow Insurance over your entire eyelid halfway up to your eye brow.
5) I like to start out with a neutral base coat so I used the cream color one pictured above to the right. Since it's such a neutral soft tone you can put it all over your entire eyelid and even go all the way up to right underneath your eye brow if you want .. but don't get too crazy :)
6) This color is so fun & sparkly I put it right in the crease as well as a little bit above it & continue it out to the end of my lash line & putting a little bit of it on the outside corner of my eyelid.
7) This eye shadow can be overpowering so I use a light layer at a time & build it up to make sure it's not too much. I use this one also in the crease but extend it up & out once you get to the end of the lash line.
8) This trick I THINK makes a hell of a difference if done right!! Use a shimmery white cream shadow to highlight right underneath your brow bone all the way to the end of your eyebrow & blend into the darker eye shadow underneath it so it looks more natural.
9) I would have never thought in a bajillion years that I Waverly, former owner of the name "werewolf face" would be needing the assistance of a brow pencil to make my brows look fuller lol. It makes a huge difference though if you flash between the 2 pictures of my eyebrows above you'll see a huge difference. One key point is to make sure you don't push too hard with the pencil to ensure that your eyebrows don't look like they've been tattooed on ... unless you like that look.
10) I just started using kohl liner this past summer but I love how BLACK it comes out & this one by TARTE stays on all day! I use the round said to apply it from the outside corner of my eye to the inside. I try to make it thinner as it reaches the interior of my eye. I'm bad at explaining the liner part, but Meek~N~Mild has a great eyeliner tutorial you can watch HERE which I highly suggest !! [& she's totally adorable]
11) I like a little bottom eyeliner but I only put it half way across my bottom water line starting from the outside & then I top it off with a TON of mascara :)
List of Brands:
SHADOW INSURANCE-Too Faced
BASE EYE SHADOW-Too Faced
MID EYE SHADOW-Makeup Forever
DARK EYE SHADOW-Makeup Forever
BROW HIGHLIGHTER-Mary Kay
BROW PENCIL-N.Y.C. [99¢]
I'm pretty cheap when it comes to makeup but sometimes I get into "splurgey" moods & buy more expensive stuff. Sorry this post is so LoOoOng, if you have any questions just let me know :)
Ohh yeah you probably want to see the end result, these pictures are of me playing stylist to Jeanine!
I don't know why my hair looks so dark in this pic lol the other pictures are more accurate
eeek Christmas is sneakin up soo fast :)
I'm going to try for a travel outfit post tomorrow!