Thursday, December 15, 2011

A COUPLE OF CUPCAKES

This past weekend was "THE" weekend of the cupcakes & I was not complaining! It started out with making cupcakes for a co-workers son's 9th Birthday & ended with Georgetown cupcake with an old friend & a new friend :) Yummy baked sweets make everything better, as do great friends so all in all I had a fantastic weekend!
 Contrary to what you may think the cupcake on the left is homemade! Yes, it looks professional but that's because my mother-in-law is super duper talented at E V E R Y T H I N G! The cupcakes on the right are from the delectably A M A Z I N G Georgetown cupcake :) Don't worry they aren't ALL mine. Clockwise from the top Left: Coconut, Gingerbread, Peanut Butter Fudge, & Christmasy-hazelnut.
 I look exhausted (I was) but it was so wonderful seeing an old friend & of course CUPCAKES!
My bff from high school Kat (pictured above with me) made a quick little impromptu visit to D.C. this past weekend & it was so GRRRREAT seeing her & meeting her cousin Tiffany! We played basketball together in high school & even though we hadn't seen each other in years it was as if no time had passed. We sipped on Starbucks & walked around U St. & Georgetown.
Hopefully my weekend sugar rush will still be going strong enough to get me through tomorrow :) I get to leave 4 hrs early so I'm going to get a very much needed haircut! Another old friend of mine is flying in from New Orleans this weekend so you can be sure I'll have plenty more to write about in the upcoming days.

PS: last night was a blast [blogger's night out]! It was my first time @Bloomingdales *gasp* I know ... I know but I can assure you it won't be the last. I'll try & post pics from the event tomorrow.
Happy almost Friday everyone <3

10 comments:

  1. everytime I'm in D.C I want to go to georgetown cupcakes and the freakin line is always super long haha

    maybe one day I'll get in there.

    plenty lovee & swaag
    xoxo, Shariece

    I'm also having a little contest over at my blog.
    I hope you'll enter : )

    http://beautyorswaag.blogspot.com/2011/12/contest-for-my-followers.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. girl i want a cupcake! those look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous photos, you look beautiful!

    Visit my blog when you get a chance ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love chatting over cupcakes with friends. a sweet blissful treat!
    they looks so yummy!

    xoxo katlin
    kaitgirl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yumm i want cupcakes now x

    http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey There!

    I've given you a Versatile Blogger award!

    www.bebrokebestylishbeslightlyboho.com

    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never eaten cupcakes:( The look yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodies!!!' I love dc cupcakes!!!!!! Those girls are amazing!!!' How in the world would you choose a flavours!!! I'd want to try them all!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3