Monday, November 21, 2011

Dinner @ the River

Yupp .. the title pretty much says it all. Last Saturday night for dinner we decided to visit my old work, Stoney River. It's always bitter sweet eating there because I miss all the awesome people I used to work with & I want to go back to working there again. We decided to eat there because David was craving a good steak. The food there is DELICIOUS!! & I'm not just saying that because I used to work there :) The bread is so good & probably the reason that I put on some extra pounds when I worked there [whoopsies] it's so good that I don't even feel guilty. It'a a deep fried yeast & poppy seed roll served with a honey cinnamon butter! There were more in the basket but I gobbled them down before I could take the picture.
Starter: WHISKEY SHRIMP   
Sooo freakin gooood ughh 4 jumbo shrimp sauteed in whiskey, grainy mustard, & heavy cream served a top of toasted french bread .. omg I can smell it now yummm
DAVID'S DINNER: NEW YORK STRIP
Served medium rare with carmelized onion mashed potatoes .. aka the closest thing to heaven on EARTH .. no but really they're that AMAZING!
WAVE'S DINNER: SCHEZUAN SALMON SALAD
I made this up when I worked there. It's blackened salmon in a killer sweet & spicy sauce on top of mixed greens, diced tomatoes, BACON, & slivered almonds! It was surprisingly filling & I didn't feel like dying afterwards from being too full [Always a plus].
 YES ... I wore the necklace again I seriously pair it with EVERYTHING!!! 
but you already know that :)
 navy coat & leggings-F21[last year], grey tunic-RUEHL, 
denim button up-VS, necklace-THRIFTED[worn here]

9 comments:

  1. Honey cinnamon butter? That sounds AMAZING.

    Love your necklace! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got so hungry!! Looks delicious. :) And your hair looks amazing.

    www.stylocrat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, the food is delicious! Geez. And I really like your necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whiskey shrimp and those mashed potatoes look incredible...making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh that looks so good! I am a sucker for steak! I love that necklace, I do the same thing,I wear my "statement" necklace with everything :)

    -Whitney
    cwdavenport.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg that shrimp looks amazinggg! I also LOVE that necklace - what a good find!! You look beautiful as usual girl!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your necklace!
    and I'm so hungry right now :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness, that necklace is stunning. super happy I found your blog. totally following. If you get a sec I'd love to hear what you think of my fashion blog. It's all about the adventures of a southern girl turned LA stylist. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by :)
I love the feedback & look forward to
checking out all of your lovely blogs <3